I swear anything made into a ball just tastes better, doesn’t it? There is something about a bite-sized mouthful that is super appealing, and these are so yummy that even the anti-broccoli community will want to give them a go. Be warned: kids go wild over these, so get ready to be pestered to make them again and again.
1 head broccoli - cut into small florets
1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
2/3 cup panko crumbs
1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Sea salt and ground black pepper
1/2 cup tomato relish
1. Preheat the oven to 200*C and line an oven tray with baking paper. Bring a full kettle of water to the boil.
2. Place the broccoli in a large bowl and pour over the boiling water to cover. Leave for 1 minute then drain well. Place the broccoli in a food processor and blitz until finely chopped but not puréed.
3. Place the chopped broccoli in a large bowl with all the other ingredients and mix until combined. Roll the broccoli mixture into small balls and place on the prepared oven tray.
4. Bake the broccoli balls for 10 minutes. Flip the balls over and cook for a further 10 minutes until golden brown.
5. Serve the broccoli balls hot with your favourite tomato relish and the yogurt dipping sauce.
If you love this recipe and make it for yourself tag us in your creations so we can see! #embracecrew
Leave a comment